Thursday, January 22, 2009

Post - Inauguration Adventures

So today was my first day of internship this week since we had Monday and Tuesday off and Wednesday's I always have off because of our field trips but we didn't have one this week so I was able to explore more of DC and the national mall. Anyway, Wednesday we woke up and headed to Cafe Asia just up the block from my apartment for lunch, it was really good but lots of food, so Reshai met us back at the apartments from his eye doctor appointment and we put our food away and left to the metro to the Smithsonian Center stop that drops you right in the middle of the national mall. You literally go up and there is grass. haha. Anyway it was interesting to see how wide the national mall was right there because then I was able to picture the millions of people that were at the inauguration. I didn't realize how wide the mall was until I was there the next day. Anyway so Val, Reshai and I walked towards the Washington Monument, finally I was getting to go touch it, and well we discussed how annoying the different colors of limestone were, and how tacky it was, but of course that's what happens with wars and movements haha. Anyway so we took pictures there being or modelistic selves and all. Then we headed towards the WWII memorial and the Lincoln Memorial so my cousin could see them and of course I had more time to take the pictures I wanted to take at the Lincoln and see the little museum type thing underneath it, as well as the dedication to MLK Jr that I didn't get to see before hand. We walked through the Vietnam War memorial then headed to fidn the metro on the opposite side from where we started, and well that was quite an adventure. We ended up stopping at CVS where Reshai bought Digiorno pizza's because they were on sale at that CVS and not the one next to us, and then the dumb girl that rang him up was texting while helping him, which was rude! She gave him the smalleset bag possible and the lady that helped us before with the metro was like, he'll need a bigger bag if he is getting on the metro and gave him the bigger bags, then we are walking and all of a sudden Reshai drops his SmartTrip Card (metro card) and my cousin steps on it because it fell underneath her food standing up it snapped in half, and Reshai shrieked like nothing I had ever heard! It was hilarious but sad. Anyway we finally get to the metro, and find a starbucks we had been looking for, and we order it, then Reshai proceeds to spill his Green Tea Latte on his jacket, needless to say, he was having a fantastic hour. We finally headed home and had a bit of a peaceful night, I watched LOST it was insane and I didnt go to sleep until 2 am and had to wake up 5.5 hours later for my internship.

Today was interesting at the office, I didn't do much but read for the Koch Foundation (the seminar I will be attending on Tuesdays about Market based management), and do some filing but then the rest of hte interns came to ask me if I wanted to come with them to lunch around 11 and head to the March for Life at the National Mall (anti-abortion). Today was the anniversary of Roe v. Wade, and well there were protests and demonstrations everywhere! We ended up staying out to lunch for 2.5 hours ...haha oops, then proceeded back to work. Where I had three hours left and then left for class. Thursday's I have Violence and Values, from 6-8:30, it's my longest class cuz this guy talks forever and is ridiculously boring, I hate it. It's not like anything I thought it would be but whatever, I am sure it will get more interesting though hopefully! Reshai and I got out of class then picked up my cousin and we headed down to safeway, where we spent an hour and a half with Reshai while he spent 126 dollars on groceries. HAHAHAHA. it was ridiculous and hilarious all at the same time, it's definitely like Reshai said "a memory that will be with us forever, together". Now one of my roommates came back really drunk and while it's quite hilarious I am tired and ready for bed, and finally she has quieted down. Well I am off to bed, long day tomorrow that I am not looking forward to! Except finally getting to hit the nightclub scene this weekend! WOO TGIF AS OF NOW!!!

Love,
A-Ram

No comments:

Post a Comment