Monday, June 1, 2009

95 Days & Counting

Hello,
So a little update on Semester at Sea. I am officially going, a lot of things are finally coming together in terms of funding. For once in my life I received financial aid, I got $4,000 from the program through work study in the Student Life office, two hours a day every day that we are at sea but not in port. Also, my grandma decided to give me my money left by my great grandma early, sine I am not supposed to have it until I am 21, so that was another 5,581 dollars towards Semester at Sea that I was hoping she would give to me early. I am really excited! I love talking to Emily about everything. Right now I am planning the Great Wall of China trip or the entire China Indy Adventure which should be really cool since a lot of past SASers and have used the company and really enjoyed it. I can't figure out when I am going to go fly to Canada cuz I want to see some of Halifax but a lot of people aren't going till the 26th and I have to be on the ship the 27th so I want to go the 25th, hopefully more people will go and I can find some people to room with or something. I need to get working on my visas and stuff, I am being a total slacker, not okay, but I am also just working a lot right now, it's a Vector Summer you know what that means! I am actually having a horrible summer start. Oh well, I'll do better eventually...hopefully

2 comments:

  1. Jackie and I are heading to Halifax the 25th! We booked our hostel (from the website that Minh posted in the First Night in Halifax post) last night. It's like $24 a night!

    ReplyDelete