Sunday, February 8, 2009

The Beginning of a Great Week

So, the weather forecast for this week is all in the mid-50s, and 60s, how wonderful, except I am going to Boston on Thursday...so I won't be enjoying the nice weather for long. Anyway, this weekend was filled with amazingness!

On Friday after work, I stayed in and got some rest to prepared for the eventful weekend ahead of me. I read some twilight and talked to some friends...and oooo I made tacos for dinner they were simply amazing.

Saturday started out awesome! I woke up and made some pancakes and then got ready to go out to the Smithsonian's. It was a day to be filled with much laughter and many adventures. Reshai and I left at about 1:45 and when we were on the metro, we started playing with my phone and we were stopped on the metro and when people were starting to get on the train I looked up and read "Smithsonian" and I yelled "WE NEED TO GET OFF HERE!" very loudly and it was so fast and so loud that we just started laughing the minute we finally got off on time. So we sounded like the ultimate tourists. We walked around mindlessly till we found some smithsonian type buildings haha. We walked into some Asian art places and kinda just looked passed them quickyl because it wasnt really our thing. Then we went to the Castle to get some information and we left to the Air and Space Museum which we only got through 1/6th of because it was sooo huge! I felt like a little kid, I have some awesome pictures...especially of some badass missiles...like really...those things will eff you up good. Don't mess with the US. They had a sweet display of the Space Race between Russia and the US...and well lets just say that their space suits sucked compared to ours too! haha. Well anyway we got some lunch and then realized we only had like an hour and a half left so we decided to got hte American History Museum, and it took us a while to get there but we stopped through the sculpture park and took some pictures and then we saw 1/3 of the American History Museum which had some pretty cool stuff. I particularly liked them First Ladies section with the dresses and portraits and stuff...Hilary Clinton and Michelle Obama had horrible pictures...they weren't hte most flattering. After that we went through the star spangled banner exhibit which was beautiful and the original flag was gorgeously displayed. We left and headed back to the apartment for a bit before heading to Pentagon City so I could get another charger for my laptop and Reshai could get his Blackberry Storm, also visit Marshall's and a do a little shopping, our favorite around here. The night ended with some rushing to Safeway because we got back to Rosslyn at 9:45 and had to get to safeway before it closed so we could get some alcohol. By the way they don't sell hard alcohol in grocery stores here...also you can't get it on Sundays lol and the closest liquor store is across the bridge in Georgetown, super annoying. Anyway, we finally got back I made an amazing frito pie and then headed to Reshai's room with him and Sam, Mitch and Megan for some power hour fun.

Sunday was filled with a day in georgetown which is sooo cute, by the way in case you don't know, because I didn't georgetown is really a town it's not just the name of the school. It's very ritzy and very cute. It was a beautiful 68 degrees today so I wore my new dress from H&M and leggings for when it got a litttle breezy and my slouch boots, perfect weather for that outfit. We spent a few hours there shopping and then had a late lunch/early dinner at Pizzeria Uno and walked back over the bridge back to Rosslyn. I spent the rest of the night watching the grammy's and being on facbeook it was wonderful. Now I am off to bed so I can wake up for work

I can't wait to leave for Boston and see Megan and Jessica!! Then my mom and my sister will be here a week and a half later for my birthday!! And off to New York! yay! I love it!!

I also just realize I have 9 weeks left...how insane is that!??! I need to get a move on all the things I need to do haha! I have so much to see still!!

Until next time!
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment